Fat Lady on a Bike: My Journey to Peace and Fitness

Join me and my wonderful Electra Townie bike on my continuing journey to inner peace and both inner and outer fitness.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Reflections on a Gray Day

Well, the glow of homecoming is gone, the sun is gone, the warmth is gone, but the jet lag persists, made worse by the swift deterioration of my respiratory system in the dry New England air.  Under these circumstances, I find my joie de vivre to be somewhat elusive.  With the need to focus on Passover preparations increasing by the hour (our two large seders are happening next Monday and Tuesday), it's becoming increasingly difficult for me to stay grounded and calm.

So, what do I do?  Do I sleep by day and work by night?  Do I sleep by day and sleep by night?  Do I try to coax (urge/force) my body into sleeping and being hungry in Eastern Daylight time or continue to let the change evolve naturally, on the assumption that it will, eventually, happen?  Do I freak out?  Do I close my eyes and pretend I'm somewhere else?  If I do that, will it work?

Today I have no answers, no insights.  If any of you reading this have any advice or words of encouragement, I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment